Sunday 5 April 2020

Visayas Instrumental Music

  

Pasiyak


an instrument consisting a tube with a pipe. Played by placing water in the tube and blowing air in the tube. A whist ling sound like is produced by the water inside. This is common in Panay island.









Tulali 

a flute that is the size of a sahunay having 6 holes for the fingers but without mouth piece and originated from Igbaras, Iloilo








Litguit


a violin consisting of a bamboo cut about 46 cm long with 2 strings. it has a hole as resonators. It is known in Capiz.



Buktot 


Guitar like instrument made of wood with two strings and a coconut shell or gourd as a resonator. This is common in the Visayas. In Bohol it is sold as souvenir.



Lantoy


The visayan clarinet which is made of bamboo. There are various designs for its mouth piece.

2 comments:

  1. The flute was the best musical instrument for me, my dad gave me a flute for my birthday, and now I can play every song with my flute.

    ReplyDelete